A jury consisting of the ESNS Scientific Board grants the awards based upon a oral presentation for the top three presentations respectively following the below listed reviewing criteria.
- The work is innovative and original – ergo not published (*see below) at the time of the submission.
- The research has relevance for sport nutrition and its effects on performance and/or health and/or aspects of well-being.
- The abstract has been well structured and is carefully prepared.
- The background and relevance are clearly described.
- The methodology is appropriate and the data/arguments/reasoning are solid.
- Where there are quantitative data in the abstract, the study has enough power and proper statistical tests have been performed to underpin claims on significance.
- Where there are qualitative data in the abstract these are reported/interpreted using established paradigms/frameworks and contextualized appropriately.
- In the case of a mixed- methods study, a brief description of both types of methodological approaches should be provided, as well as reporting the data to meet the criteria of quantitative and qualitative data listed above.
- The work is either highly significant for the respective field or has a potential future high impact (e.g. development of new methodologies/interpretations that will generate new knowledge and impact for society).
- There is a clear and justified conclusion at the end
*This means that the work is not published, or accepted for publication in any peer-reviewed journal nor in any book whether indexed or not in an established disciplinary data base
All requirements must be met within the requested deadlines to successfully apply for the Award
- Current/paid ESNS membership before the deadline of abstract submission
- You are 35 years of age or younger at the time of the deadline for abstract submission within which you apply for the YIA
- You are presently enrolled as a student at a university or you were awarded your PhD degree within 5 years of the deadline for abstract submission
- Congress registration fee paid before the registration deadline for presenting authors
- The top three candidates will be announced at the ESNS Congress booth at the congress on Friday afternoon
- In order to receive their certificate and prize money all prize winners will be asked to be personally present at the Young Investigator Celebration during the congress
- Prize winners who do not attend and accept their prize within the framework of the YPA Celebration cannot be considered for the award prize
The sponsor (TBD) of the YIA offers generous cash prizes to support up-coming scientists.
- 1st: € 1.500,00
- 2nd: € 800,00
- 3rd: € 500,00
Furthermore the Winner will be invited as a guest at the forthcoming Annual Conference